Festivaling is fun! Camping is fun! And camping at festivals is even better! So what about hot air balloon festivals with camping?
Are you are looking for some unique festival and camping experiences to incorporate into your travel plans for this year or next? If so, then take a look at these hot air balloon festivals with camping located all over the United States.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, as an Amazon Associate or other affiliate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
There are many ways to mix up your camping experiences. Therefore you don’t always have to camp at traditional RV parks. You can purchase a Harvest Host Membership for unique stays at farms, wineries and breweries. Or camp off-grid on BLM lands. You can find music festivals with camping, air shows with camping and even balloon festivals with camping.
So regardless of how you choose to camp, you can incorporate fun activities and events into your camping experience!
Camping at Hot Air Balloon Festivals
You may have heard of the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta in New Mexico. It is the largest and longest running hot air balloon festival in the world and one of the most popular events. So you can imagine, it’s hard to get online reservations. Each year, the camping sells out the day it goes on sale, and for good reason. It is an amazing event! It is however, still possible to get tickets with patience and planning.
Thankfully, there are other festivals around the United States that offer festival camping. And they may even be more accessible to you from both availability and location.
We attended the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta before we had our Airstream. It was a magical and wonderful experience. And we can’t wait to go back one with the camper!
So if camping at a hot air balloon festival is a bucket list item for you, then save this blog post for future planning! As many of the camp sites sell out way before the event takes place. So advance planning is absolutely necessary if you want to attend. With that being said, Lets mark the calendar and find a few of the best camping hot air balloon festival for you!
Don’t have an RV but still want to camp at a hot air balloon festival? No problem, Check out RVShare and Outdoorsy to rent the perfect RV to fit your style and needs.
The 10 Best Hot Air Balloon Festivals with Camping
1. Havasu Balloon Festival and Fair
**Online camping reservations re-open September 5, 2023 for the 2024 festival.**
When: January 18 – 21, 2024
Where: Lake Havasu State Park, Lake Havasu, AZ
- All RV camping sites are for all 6 days. Size is 22′ x 60″
- Lot 1 and Lot 2A are $200.00 / Lot 3C is $300.00 – All Dry Camping
- Lot 3C is next to the balloon field, the others are a 1.5 distance from park with a shuttle provided
- Pets are allowed at RV sites, not at festival site
The Havasu Balloon Festival is filled with 4 days of balloon festival activities. Everyday day there is a mass ascension, nightly balloon glows and untethered hot air balloon rides. Balloon ride tickets can be purchased for $250. You can also enjoy, live bands, car show, corn hole, belly dancers and more. There is entertainment for everyone all day long on the festival grounds.
Other Balloon Festivals in Arizona: 11 Arizona Hot Air Balloon Festivals & Rides (2024)
2. Temecula Balloon and Wine Festival
When: May 19 – 21, 2023
Where: Lake Skinner, Temecula Valley, CA
- All RV spaces are for 3 days/2 nights
- Camping is at Lake Skinner Park
- Full hookups $700, Water & Electric $675, Water only $625, Dry camping $475
- Camping waiting list is available
- Pets are permitted in RV Park not the festival
The Temecula Valley Balloon Festival is 3 days filled with balloons, music, wine, beer, food and fun. The event kicks off with morning hot air ballon flights, followed by wine tasting, crafts beer and plenty of food vendors with great food. Then an afternoon and evening filled with live entertainment and a Balloon Glow. GA Festival entrance fee is between $60-$200 with additional cost for parking, hot air balloon ride and beverage tickets.
3. First Fruits Farm Memorial Balloon Festival
When: May 25 & 26, 2024
Where: Louisburg, NC
- First come first served rv spaces are $175 for one night and $250 for two nights
- Camping price comes with 4 GA tickets for each day.
- Dry Camping only, 30′ x 80′ Campsite for one camping unit
- Tram/Trolly Access to the event area, No pets
First Fruits Farm Memorial Balloon Festival is located on a 100 acre farm with rolling hills, ponds, open pasture and livestock. Their motto is never stop giving, never stop loving and never stop growing. This great place makes and awesome festival venue. The 2 day festival offers tethered ride and untethered hot air balloon ride options, nightly fireworks, memorial flag garden, live music, carnival rides, food trucks, makers market and more. Tickets prices are $15 online or at the door, and parking is $15 cash per car. The Gondola Club Experience tickets must be purchased in advance.
4. Field of Flight Air Show & Balloon Festival
When: June 29 – July 4, 2023
Where: Battle Creek, MI
- Advance RV reservations available, any remaining will be first come first served at festival
- Dry camping for $30 per night, stay the nights you want, no min no max, generators permitted
- Drinking water service and tank dumping service available
- Pets are permitted in RV sites not the festival
The Battle Creek Field of Flight Festival is 6 days of non stop festival fun! General admission tickets are $13 and $5 for parking. The festival includes hot air balloon flights, Air Show, fireworks, motorcycle performances, live music, carnival rides, food and craft vendors and so much more! It’s a great event for all.
5. Teton Valley Balloon Rally
When: July 1 – 4, 2023
Where: Teton County Fairgrounds, Driggs, ID
- Advance reservation available, any remaining are first come first served
- Camping passes for 1 to 4 days of festival, prices based on unit size starting at $
- RV Dry Camping only, water fill station available, portable toilets available
- Pets are not to be left unattended and are permitted on the balloon field
The Teton Valley Balloon Festival is an annual event that takes place over July 4th weekend. The event features several early mornings of hot air balloon launches. You can enjoy the festival in two ways. One is to drive in early morning. The other is camp at the festival. The event funds a scholarship to help keep ballooning alive. Balloon rides are available at the the festival so make sure to submit your request.
6. Chesapeake Bay Balloon Festival
When: August 4 -6, 2023
Where: Cedar Lane Park, Bel Air, MD
- No Camping for 2023, however they plan to bring it back for 2024
The Chesapeake Bay Balloon Festival is 3 evenings of fun with tethered balloon rides, live music, balloon glow, glass blowing studio, kids village, food trucks, beer and wine. This year it has a new location, however it is yet to be announced. So be on the look out.
7. Balloonfest, Air Show
When: September 2023 ( on a 2023 hiatus)
Where: Lycoming County Fairgrounds, Hughesville, PA
- Advance reservations made online.
- Electric and water hook ups for $35 night
- Restrooms and showers nearby, No dump station
- No pets
This year Balloonfest, Air Show took 2023 off to re-group, grow and improve the event for the following year, 2024. I will update as new and current information becomes available.
8. The Adirondack Balloon Festival
When: September 21 – 24, 2023
Where: Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport, Queensbury, NY
- By Membership only. Membership dues allow overnight RV Parking at the festival. Dues are $75 or $85
- All self-contained units welcome.
- Visit https://www.neharvers.org for details
- No pets at the festival
This year the New York Adirondack Festival will celebrate its 50th year! And has been named one of the top 100 events in North America. The festival events include balloon rides, balloon flights, special shapes events, craft fair, food vendors and more. Come enjoy the festival with free admission and free parking. It will be a great time for the entire family.
9. Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
When: October 7 – 15, 2023
Where: Balloon Fiesta Park, Albuquerque, NM
Camping: 2023 SOLD OUT. **2024 Reservations will go on sale January 2024**
- Must have prior reservation, no walk up camping permitted
- Prices range from $35 night for tent camping and up to $250 night for president’s compound. That varies from dry camping to W & E to full hook ups.
- Some camping packages include GA tickets
- Water service and dump service is available, No showers on site
- Pets are permitted in camping area, not the festival or launch field.
The Albuquerque Balloon Festival is a nine-day event which is the most photographed event in the world. With special shapes rodeo, twilight ballon glows and so many colorful hot air balloons, it is one of the best balloon festivals and largest hot air balloon event in the world. Morning sessions include dawn patrol, morning glow, mass ascension and more. In the evening session you can expect to see balloon launch, twinkle glow, music and fireworks. You can also book balloon rides with Rainbow Ryders.
Its a packed week of Hot Air balloon activities and more. Weekends are the best days for a full experience, as the weekday schedule is lighter, however it will be less crowded overall. The website is full of information and will answer all your questions. This festival is a memorable and magical experience.
10. Carolina BalloonFest
When: October 20 -22, 2023
Where: near Statesville Regional Airport, Statesville, NC
- Reservations are made by filling out an RV Parking Application and submitting a check
- Dry Camping only for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday nights)
- Price ranges from $175 for Premium and Class A only and $150 for Standard and all other camping units.
- No water filling or tank dumping services
- No pets
The three-day weekend Carolina BalloonFest has a packed fun filled weekend planned. For ballooning there will be two mass ascensions, balloon glows, static displays and tethered ballon rides. Along with live concerts on two stages, wine and craft beer garden, family-friendly events, artisans and skydiving exhibition and more. So bring the entire family out to experience this fun and popular event.
Top Hot Air Balloon Festivals in the USA without camping
Great Reno Balloon Race – World’s largest free hot air balloon festival in early September
National Balloon Classic – A nine day summer event in Iowa with nearly 100 hot-air balloons
Red Rock Balloon Rally – One of the largest hot-air balloons festivals in North America located in Gallup, NM
Great Forest Park Balloon Race – A free hot air ballooning festival in St. Louis, MI
Colorado Springs Labor Day Lift – Annual balloon event over Labor Day weekend in the Rocky Mountains
Lancaster Hot Air Balloon Festival – 2 day festival in Pennsylvania covered with vibrant balloon-filled skies
Plano Balloon Festival – This 4 day festival takes place late September in Plano, TX
US Bank Great Balloonfest – Annual hot air balloon festival that takes place in Kentucky the weekend before Kentucky Derby
And if you know of any additional Hot Air Balloon Festivals with camping in the USA, please comment below and I will add them to the list!
There are many opportunities to camp at a balloon festival through-out the United States! It’s a beautiful sight to see so many different types of balloons in the air at once. Whether this is your first time or 5th time, it will be a fun and unique experience with your RV! So, I hope you enjoy this list of hot air balloon festivals with camping.
Another fun and GREAT way to camp is a Harvest Host Membership! You can stay at wineries, breweries, farm stays and more!
Use this code HHFRIENDS15 to get 15% off an annual Harvest Host membership. Click HERE to learn more.
Liked this Post? Please SAVE, SHARE or COMMENT below!
Check out these other great Hot Air Ballooning Events: